Graphic Designer APPLY NOW
You'll work on a variety of products and activities, such as websites, advertising, books, magazines, posters, computer games, product packaging, exhibitions and displays, corporate communications and corporate identity, i.e. giving organisations a visual brand.
Working to a brief that has been agreed with the client, creative director or account manager, you'll develop appropriate creative ideas and concepts for the client's objectives.
The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
As a graphic designer you'll need to:
- discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job
- estimating the time required to complete a job
- developing design brief
- thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and developing interactive design
- using innovation to redefine a design brief
- presenting finalised ideas and concepts
- working with a range of media, including computer-aided design (CAD), and keeping up to date with emerging technologies
- proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work
- demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches and working on layouts ready for print
- working as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications
While entry is open to non-graduates, preference is given to those with relevant degrees. A degree in graphic design is advantageous, although other art and design subjects will be accepted.
You will need work experience and a portfolio of work to show. We also expect a good knowledge of design software, such as InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe Premiere Pro, plus photo-editing software such as PhotoShop.
Key skills for graphic designers:
- Excellent IT skills, especially with design and photo-editing software
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role within a commercial environment
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines
Working from home.|||Working from home|||Marketing Department||||||BF~tfpXmx6.Z~n-c|||PART_TIME|||GBP|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false